Monday, June 8, 2009

Toy of the week Monday, June 8, 2009


If you show me one country in the world that embraces robots more than the Japanese, then I will show you a country that I need to visit-- right before I visit Japan again.  Robots have been a part of Japanese pop culture as long as there has been pop culture.  Many of the earlier examples were depicted in comics (manga) and animation (anime) as being gargantuan in scale and having almost magical powers.  In the early 80's a series known as Dougram began depicting robots as being more reasonable in scale and having weapons and abilities more in line with military machines.  The Dougram toys, in my opinion, are also some of the coolest toy robots ever made.  This week I bring you one of my all time favorites.  This toy has many cool mechanical features.
It is worth a close look, so get thee to the robot gallery in the  Cabinet of Curious Frivolities and thoroughly examine the coolness of Combat Armor Soltic.

Keep your steam up at 80 psi!

No comments:

Post a Comment